mounting a heavy tv moveable bracket to wall

Reaction score
Hi all, I planned to fit a heavy moveable arm type tv bracket for my 42 inch flat screen tv. When I checked the wall it was to be mounted on I found that it was a double hollow plasterboard wall with a two inch gap behind it and then a concrete wall. My big problem is that the 'concrete' wall is constructed of stones that are coated in cement. The result is a honeycombe matrix that is as much empty space as solid material.

I had intended to use 190mm rawl bolts with wooden block spacers to mount the bracket but because of the air gaps between the stones the bolts cannot grip.

I was thinking of using injected resin but all the types I have found say they are not suitable for concrete if it is cracked. The make up of my wall is pretty close to being 'cracked'.

Any ideas most welcome.

regards

reg

ps have recently decorated and fitted new carpets so cant rip off the plasterboard and fit battens

Ask a Question