Mounting a Retractable Side privacy Screen to deck

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello I am wondering if there is a way to mount a patio retractable side privacy Screen to a deck with out using a post , all examples I've found one end is connected to a wall or post. I purchased a VINGLI 71" x 118" Patio Retractable Side Screen. Thanks for suggestions.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is zero chance that that one will work without the end post - it needs to be attached to the post to stop it just retracting, and even if it did not it's fabric, and therefore totally incapable of being self supporting.

If you don't want the post permanently installed then you could set a metal plate with nuts welded to the underside into the decking, so you could easily mount and demount the post, or maybe to have the post on a rising bollard mechanism. Which would be cool, but a lot of work and expensive.

Or maybe the maker can let you have some of the magic which they must have if they think you can screw into soil:

1616008014311.png

Ask a Question