Through-wall tap mounting advice

Nov 15, 2022
Reaction score
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a bit of advice. First, I'm not a plumber, 2nd it's not a house, it's on a boat (probably doesn't make any difference).
aybe somewhat naively I've bought some wall taps on the internet and, by the time I've paid postage both ways, I might as well suck it up and not return them.

Basically my questions are
Are these suitable for use as through wall taps? If so how do I mount them?
My two ideas at the moment are either to obtain a backing nut and tighten against the tap body through the backing of 9mm ply or to mount the assembly on two munsen rings - but I don't feel pipe clips on the pipe would be secure enough and would allow play in the tap through the wall.

Note the angle of the spigot connector is correct for my usage as it's going into a flexible hose to a wall connector.

All the advice I can find on the net refers to longer, threaded tap bodies with backing nut and front fixings which these obviously are not.

Many thanks for any advice.

IMG_0163 copy.jpg


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question