Kitchen lighbulb fittings - help!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

We've got lightbulbs on a sort of string fitting in our kitchen (see picture below). A couple of the fittings are missing that connect the lightbulbs onto the strings (i.e. the black plastic bit at the top of the bulb with the two silver screws on the side). I need to buy some new ones but I don't even know what they're called, so I'm having no luck with a google search. Does anyone know what these are / where I can buy them? I'd be so grateful for your help - I'm completely stumped! If it helps, the lightbulb itself is MR16 1266 12V 14W.

Thanks so much in advance!!

IMG-9626.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
That type of lighting system is known as 'tension wire', e.g.

If you don't know the make of yours all I can suggest is googling for tension wire lighting, dual wire lighting, etc.

You'll probably be able to find something which will work, but it may not be a good enough match with what you already have for you to want to mix'n'match......

Reaction score
Country
Canada
As this is a 12vdc system, ANY 12volt DC head (that uses an MR16 lamp) will work. True, they won't esthetically look the same, but ANY 12volt DC hanging type "tension wire" light head will work.....electrically, they are ALL the same. Hope this helps!

Ask a Question