Washing machine floods kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Not sure if this is a common problem, but every single time I wash hand towels, my kitchen floods due to washing machine leaking soapy water out of the dispenser drawer and front door.

Every other type of washing completes without issue; only when I wash hand towels. I suspect these hand towels have a lot of soap on them because the machine fills with soapy water, even when I don't use any detergent. Looking at the front door glass panel, it is completely white.

Any ideas or suggestions as to how I can resolve this? It is absolutely soul destroying.

Many thanks

Reaction score
The front loader machines with concentrated soap don't like very much soap. More than a small amount of detergent makes the machines crazy. I'd was the towel with no soap to see if they are loaded with detergent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the reply. I have tried washing the towels without detergent, but the problem persists.

I can only think because the towels are hand towels and come into a lot of contact with soap from washing our hands, somehow the machine isn't able to handle this.

It's worth noting that my previous machine didn't do this with the very same towels. Handled them no problem (I had to replace the old machine with an unrelated issue).

No idea where to go from here.

Reaction score
At what temperature are you washing?

Try using a washing machine cleaning tablet, running the empty machine at the hottest temperature. It may be you've some residual detergent in the machine, not fully dissolved when previously run at a lower temperature.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the advice, I will try that. I am washing at 40 degrees.

Every other type of item washes without issue. Even bath towels are fine; it's just the hand towels, which do get used for a lot of hand drying after washing hands.

Ask a Question