Is this the doorbell transformer?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm trying to install a new doorbell (current one doesn't work and hasn't since we moved in), but there doesn't seem to be power getting to the doorbell button.

I'm tryin to find the transformer to troubleshoot. Door either of these three items look like a doorbell transformer?

1. This is behind a clock that I removed from the wall. I realize it's probably meant to power the clock, but maybe it also serves as the doorbell transformer and/or chime?
PXL_20210720_183958149.jpg

2. This in the basement near the breaker. No idea what this is for.
PXL_20210720_184045067.jpg

3. This is in the basement near the furnace. This looks like a transformer, but I'm guessing it's for the thermostat since it's near the furnace. Not sure if it's also supposed to be used for the doorbell. The second picture below is a set of wires a couple feet away from the transformer. I'm wondering if the people who installed the new furnace forgot to hook the doorbell back up.
PXL_20210720_184212915.jpg

PXL_20210720_184808092.jpg

Many thanks for any insight you can provide,
Anthony

Reaction score
Take item #1 and look under the two metal plate on the bottom. If there appears to be a striker assembly under them this is the doorbell.

Rittenhouse was the maker of high end door chimes.

Last edited:

Ask a Question