Transformer hook-up? - Smoke alarm/doorbell

Reaction score
Need help wiring transformer that leads to doorbell and smoke detector....I mistakenly took it out thinking it was just the old ADT system wiring [no longer used]..only to discover my doorbell wasn't working a couple weeks later. Attached is a picture.

I re-attached the doorbell, but now have a two other low voltage wires...a red one that assuming goes to smoke alarm and a white one that would then go to ADT box upstairs. Bottom line, with no memory of how all these wires were hooked up, i am not sure how to re-connect these to the transformer...help is appreciated - Thanks

Attachments

Reaction score
Need help wiring transformer that leads to doorbell and smoke detector....I mistakenly took it out thinking it was just the old ADT system wiring [no longer used]..only to discover my doorbell wasn't working a couple weeks later. Attached is a picture.

I re-attached the doorbell, but now have a two other low voltage wires...a red one that assuming goes to smoke alarm and a white one that would then go to ADT box upstairs. Bottom line, with no memory of how all these wires were hooked up, i am not sure how to re-connect these to the transformer...help is appreciated - Thanks
simplest thing to do would be to go to the smoke alarm and adt box and look at the connections there Then use your manuals or your google friend to see if there are any connectionn details.

Ask a Question