Ecobee 4 with dual transformer (Fan Control Center) question

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm trying to install an ecobee 4 thermostat, I have a dual transformer HVAC system, the HoneyWell Oil burner has internal voltage (approx 24VAC) and a Fan Control Center (that can be regarded as an external 24VAC adapter) I put together a diagram using draw dot io ,
screen_originalecobee.png

Then someone on a DIY forum helped correcting it ,

Ecobee_Diagram.drawio.png

I needed a second opinion do these look right? and don't smart thermostats have an internal jumping mechanism when needed between Rc and Rh? would that red jumper in the corrected diagram still be needed? thanks in advance

Reaction score
Country
United States
Surely Rc & Rh are Request for Cooling and Request for Heat?
Correct, in my first original diagram RC is red from the A/C into the fan control center transformer red terminal into Rc on the thermostat, and the Rh for heat is coming from the boiler into a relay then to the Rh terminal on the thermostat, while the C goes straight to C on the stat, problem is the C terminal on the transformer is neutral and does not carry any current to power the thermostat in this case.

Ask a Question