How would I fix this? BIG question is How did this happen?

Reaction score
Ok John, time for some detective work. Is this on a first or second floor? You first have to establish what foundation is under the enclosure. I would certainly quit using the tub and shower until you find the root cause of the distortion. No matter what you find this is going to be serious. Right now, put safety first.

Reaction score
First floor. we never use the tube, it is one of those that has jets in it, house is 21 years old. wall behind the shower is the garage, furnace is right there. I think vibration through the years might have done this. Is it possibe to fill it in . And hope for the best.

Reaction score
There is a 3 ft. space under the house , I am going to go under and if there is anything under wall that might have sunk down.

Reaction score
This is not the disaster it would seem. Depending on how degraded the wood is you may be able to Jack the floor up and “sister” new joists on either side of the sagging joists. Then use concrete blocks to support the new joists. You will need a good 5 or 10 ton bottle jack to do the lifting. This is not a complicated project but you are going to need a couple of friends to help. Keep us updated.

Ask a Question