How can I fix this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm new to DIY and wanted to know the best way to fix this? I put a board up in the wrong place and pulled it off but left a bad mark on the wall where plaster & paint has come off.

I have not got much clue what I'm doing if I'm honest but would be really appreciated for someone to tell me the best/easiest way to fix this?

My wife is going to be in my ear about this until it's fixed :D

As you can see from the picture i used command strips, 2 corners have wiped out the paint and one corner (Top left) is the worst.

Any help would be appreciated!

Samuel

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Just use your standard drywall (gypsum board) filler. It can be purchased in small tubes (slightly larger than toothpaste tubes). Apply excess filler to all four locations, then take a flat device (if you've no trowel, use a 12" ruler), place to flat against the wall and cross the four areas. The flat ruler will remove all excess filler that protrudes above the surface. Let dry. Repeat as the filler shrink when it dries.

Reaction score
samuelh100

Can I suggest you look @ the link below, this stuff gets very good reviews, and a load better than poly Filler ?

All as AC Power above as to repair technique, fill sand, fill again using a fine sand paper to finish.

Ken.

Reaction score
In addition to the above posts - many homes have a sprayed texture over the drywall. If you just patch and sand, the repair will look terrible next to the texture. To correct this there are several brands of spray on textures that work great. Read the label on the can to find a texture that matches yours.

Reaction score
Silentrunning,

Spray applied texture over here is [almost] unknown? certainly would be considered unusual in a Domestic setting, possibly used in commercial settings.

In the 60s and 70s the UK was right in to wall coverings such as "Woodchip Wallpaper" and "Artex"

What has possibly put people off is that the wall paper was / is a real Sod to get back off a wall, and Artex was found to at times contain Chrysotyle Asbestos, over here known as White Asbestos, the most benign of such materials, but that does not stop almost Panic in a home owner when told about the possibility of Asbestos being present, even though the Asbestos is not really a major danger to health.

Over here plasterboard walls are left plane and either painted or wall paper is applied.

Ken.

Ask a Question