Help - Extending main BT telephone socket

Reaction score
Hi All

I want to move the main BT telephone socket in my house ie extend the cable that comes from outside the house and connects to the main/first BT socket.

Is this possible without degradation of signal? If so it would be great if you could specify what connecting/extending gear I need to do this.

Many thanks

Rich

Reaction score
Hello, there are a few ways to do this: you can extend for voice only (telephone), extend for adsl only (internet), or extend for voice and adsl which is like giving you another master socket - it all depends what you want to extend for.
There is no degradation of signal, i speak as someone who has extended the master socket and also made an adsl only extension,all hardwired.

The easiest way for all this is to go via 'clarity' DOT 'it'
Replace the DOT with . (im unable to post links)
They have every piece of kit you'll need and its all good quality.
They have sections along the top for how-to guides and tutorials but honestly if you're at all unsure, give them a call. They're very friendly and will make sure you have the right bits of kit.

clarity DOT it

Ask a Question