Heavy Calcium and Lyme Deposits, after installing a descaler...

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lol, I guess I shouldn't be shocked that I'm getting heavy calcium and Lyme deposits in my water after installing a de-scaler, but I just want to make sure that's what's happening.

About 6 months ago, I got rid of my salt-based water softener. It was garbage, and it wasn't working.

I installed some huge saltless tank system a few months ago with a pre-filter. Immediately, the calcium and lyme deposits went away. The water was amazing... really soft, etc.

Then, I installed one of those electric hard water de-scaler. I assumed those devices were nonsense and just a fad. This is actually the very one that I bought:
https://www.amazon.com/iSpring-ED2000-Electronic-Descaler-Conditioner

The make / model isn't of particular importance because there are literally a dozen different models like this. I installed this device about 2 weeks afterwards.

The water was still good for a while, but then after maybe a month, it started getting really bad... and then really really bad. It's started to improve somewhat, and seems to be better, but isn't like it was. I guess what I'm asking here is, have a lot of people experienced the same thing with these electronic descalers? I'm just looking to confirm that in fact they do actually work, and that it isn't instead a failure of my saltless water softner that I spent $1,600 bucks on.

Thanks!

Ask a Question