garage door buckling and bowing

Reaction score
Approximately 5 years ago I had a single-car garage door installed (4-panel). I recently noticed that on the inside of the garage door the the 2-4 panels are buckling in the middle where there is a bracket (on each panel) and bowing on the outside of the garage door.

I have never hit the garage door, never had any problems with it opening/closing. What would cause this? There is a 2-year warranty on the doors (I'm out of warranty). I think the tracks were installed too close together, thereby forcing the lower panels to buckle. However, the garage door company that install them said it's not an installation problem and they will not replace. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Reaction score
That's the first thing that comes to mind. The tracks are too close, which caused the panels to buckle. If that's the case, it's an installation issue. Maybe you should consider replacing the door with a roller shutter so you can avoid this problem.

Ask a Question