Ceiling Fan Died and Its Summer

Reaction score
Hey there looking for some advice, my ceiling fan has gone kaput on me and do not know what to do.

There are two switches on the wall, and the one that makes the light go on and off still works, but it is just the blades that do not spin. There is no sound, no hum, or anything. Do not know much about these things so was not sure if a motor could have blown up, if there even is one, a control panel, or any leads. It was a decent model a few years back from a Home Depot

anything is appreciated thanks

Reaction score
May not be extremely helpful but 1. turn the fan on and give it a push it may start going or 2. get one of those (and im not trying to sell it to ya) dyson fans, i find them fab when its hot or cold :)

Reaction score
First thing I would do is check to make sure the wires are properly connected in the ceiling box and at the switch terminals. Sometimes they work themselves loose from the terminals or wire nuts. If everything is connected check for voltage when the switch is on. Should read roughly between 110 and 120 (may fluctuate a bit). Id yo have no voltage then the switch may be bad. Try replacing the switch. If you have voltage the fan motor is blown. If this is the case replace the fan.

Ask a Question