Swapping LED ceiling light with fan

Reaction score
Country
United States
The box on the ceiling has 3 wires - orange, brown, grey. This box is connected to 2 switches - one controls the LED light, the other does nothing. The LED light connects to the orange and grey wires with the brown one hanging free. I believe the brown wire connects to the switch that does nothing, while the orange provides the charge to the LED light and the Grey is the neutral wire. The fan has 4 wires - black, white, blue and green/yellow. I am guessing the blue powers the fan light and should connect to the orange, the black powers the fan and should connect to the brown and the white connects to the grey neutral wire. The green/yellow on the fan is the grounding wire. Is the grounding necessary and am I correct in my assumptions on how to wire the fan?

Please see the attached pics and thanks in advance! The picture with the wires from the ceiling are still attached to the LED light.

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nevermind, I know an electrician who will look at it.

Ask a Question