Bathroom Dormer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I’m planning to build a small bathroom dormer, once all the stud work is done I’m going to face the outside with 18mm 8 x 4 sheets Marine ply. Can anyone give some advice on what breathable membrane I can use to cover the ply before tiling the membrane will also be used on the pitched roofed. I have looked into Tyvek supro and Kingsplan Nilvent membranes ideally I want to use 1.5m x 50m roll but the price range on these products are quite varied from £86 to £164. Can anyone suggest a good alternative. I’m also going to insulate all the studwork with rockwool slab insulation will I have to put a thinner membrane to the inside before adding the moisture resistant plasterboards or can I just add the M R plasterboards to the studwork. Hope I have explained it ok

Regards

Reaction score
Country
United States
I would love to see pics of this project as I am always looking to build this or that.

Ask a Question