Your favorite DIY mottos or advice

Reaction score
You do know a lot don't you.
I'm glad you don't do my gas repairs.
More than once I've had get the experts reply and it generally comes from the couch potatoes.
I don't do plastering very well either and probably would get someone who knows what they are talking about.
What you do know a lot about is being rude. I didn't call you anything.
You haven't been here five minutes and you are chucking your weight around.
I hope you live up to your name and I'll leave the really tricky stuff to you, expert.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You do know a lot don't you.
Quite a lot, yes.

I'm glad you don't do my gas repairs.
Why would I be doing that when I'm not allowed?

I don't do plastering very well either and probably would get someone who knows what they are talking about.
Really?

So as per:

Often in conversations with people on DIY, you get the answer "I get the experts in"
Really? Why not just say I'm too lazy, can't be bothered and I like being charitable I could go on.
Because "I leave it to the experts" is just a smug way of saying that DIYers don't know what they're doing.
what does "get someone who knows what they are talking about " make you? Too lazy? Can't be bothered? Smug?

What you do know a lot about is being rude. I didn't call you anything.
Yes, you did.

You called everybody who says "I get the experts in" or "I leave it to the experts" lazy, can't be bothered, and smug.

It's there in black and white in posts #14 & #19.

You haven't been here five minutes and you are chucking your weight around.
Is one thing I didn't know that you have to be here a certain length of time before you're allowed to criticise people who are wrong?

A complaint like that betokens a bit of a feeling of entitlement in you.

Ask a Question