Worcester 40 HE Plus Combi

Reaction score
My combi heats up for central heating but when the room stat cuts out after reaching the correct temperature the temperature of the boiler goes shooting right up to 110+ degrees. I've had the engineers in from Worcester and they've replaced pump, (assuming the pump was not circulating the water away quick enough), the two heat exchangers assuming they were blocked and transfer of heat was not going on), main circuit board (assuming it was not controlling the boiler properly/ or the pump to modulate the water away.

All thats really left is the multi-function value which may not be operating properly to divert the heated water away once the burner shuts down.

Can anyone help and provide ideas as the only way to use the boiler currently and avoid the boiler getting to the excessive temperatures is to throttle back the hot water and central heating controls on the main panel to ensure the running temperature and the temperature that it gets too once the stat cuts out do not goo too high.

Any ideas before I call them again!

Ask a Question