Worcester bosch, no hot water.

Reaction score
We have a 10 year old bosch 24i greenstar boiler which just developed a problem CH is working all the boiler seems ok but
hot water taps only have tepid water, strangely if we turn off the CH i can get hot water from the tap, I had an engineer look at it
which was a favour from a friend who said the diverter valve was opening and closing as it should when the hot tap was turned on, but didn't have time to diagnosed it properly now it seems he is to busy for a couple of days, if anyone has had a similar problem and solved it i would be interested my fears are the boiler might need replacing and my circumstances at the moment mean that would be a major problem for me, any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

TIA

Chris

Reaction score
Hi and welcome.

We used to have a Worcester boiler.

One of these.

P1000078.JPG

We changed it after fifteen years as it was prone to leaking.

A golfing pal who is a gas engineer and supplied and fitted our new Ideal boiler at "mates rates," kept the Worcester running for several years, He was of the opinion that they are over-engineered, more complicated than they need be and once you start changing parts they are prone to leak. It's not something you want to be tackling yourself. Even topping up the system was a pain, having to insert a special big plastic key before adding water to prevent flooding the kitchen. The ideal has just a simple tap for it.

I don't think there's going to be a quick-fix.

Ask a Question