Will the paint on the handles continue to peel off slowly?

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
This is the handle newly bought, claimed to be made of copper, but I am not sure. It feels smooth on the surface, but
as I tried to put a plastic tape onto it, there are quite some yellow particles-like thing attached to the plastic tape. (see second image)
What are they? Will the paint still peel off slowly itself?
234.jpg

The picture was not taken very well but you can find that quite some yellow particles-like thing trapped on the plastic tape on the Right Hand Side

123 (1).jpg

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Then I would take a file on the backside and make a cut to see what color the base metal is. Try it and let me know. The color doesn’t look like copper.
Sorry I am not going to do this because I don't have any tool to cut and I don't have extra handle for testing.

However, do you think the materials or paint on the surface will peel off?

Reaction score
Many surfaces can get damaged from the sweat from hands over a period of time.
All our kitchen units have polished alminium handles and have been fine for ten years.

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Then I would take a file on the backside and make a cut to see what color the base metal is. Try it and let me know. The color doesn’t look like copper.
As I look carefully, there is trace of scratches which is black in color, so ,... is it copper??

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Does it look like copper? Or other materials? Another picture taken with my mobile phone

Attachments

Ask a Question