How to paint an internal rendered wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would like advice on how to paint an internal living room wall that has been taken back to the rendered scratch coat, circa 1947. This is to negate having the wall re-plastered and subsequently becoming a feature wall. What prep does it require & can I use the same interior emulsion that I would use on the other plastered
walls? Thanks in advance. James

559775F3-7D2E-4EF6-AECB-E93B4B302E92_1_105_c.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Interior emulsion is unsuitable for the substrate you have. Smooth masonry paint is the correct option. If you wish to have a smooth finish without the need for finishing plaster, I would apply two coats of masonry paint to highlight imperfections and fill them with an exterior filler. Touprelith by toupret is sufficient. It will need to be rubbed down with a maximum grade of sandpaper equivalent or below 120g. To be honest mate. Just spend £190.00 + on a plasterer. When you weigh up the above in relation to time versus money, it’s the best option in terms of finish and stress reduction.

Ask a Question