What is this thing?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Does anyone know what this thing is? I was cleaning out my "MISC computer stuff" box, and found three (3) of these things.

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does the thing that's not a mini jack plug look like it might fit into an ear, possibly if it had a little soft rubber part attached? (the thing, not the ear... :D)

Can we see a photo of the other side of it?

Reaction score
Country
Canada
It look like it my be that by way of picture, but the dark "bulb" is approximately 3/4" (19mm). I can take a picture of the other side in a bit...but in the interim, it only has factory 3M two-sided tape on it. I guess this "bulb" is meant to be struck to something, likely a vertical surface I am guessing.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Microphone?

But why a stereo jack?

Do you have anything they can plug into?

What have you owned 3 of in the past?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It looks like it might be an IR emitter, perhaps for something like a Logitech Harmony or other media controller device? They usually have 2.5mm or 3.5mm jacks as connectors and the front of the housing will have an IR LED in it.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
@Ian - That's what I was thinking.....something IR related. I have three (3) of them...but it seems I won't be keeping them....no need to.

Thanks to both of you for the help.

Ask a Question