Light not working, nothing tripped.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I'm hoping someone can help me with a problem i have. So the light in my bathroom and bedroom (next to the bathroom) isn't working, nothing on the consumer unit has tripped and all the other lights on the same circuit are working.

Hope someone can help,

Thanks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have you checked for loose cables? I had a similar experience when fitting new 3way light switches. Ended up being that I connected the neutral from the power source i was using, and then an intermediate switch cable had come loose. So I would check the connections at the switches to start with, then at the lights.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Firstly, ensure your lamps are good. I know this sounds silly, but as a service contractor, I have went to sites where the customer "thought" the lamps where new, and therefore, must work. They didn't/weren't!!!

Failing this, you have to start opening up receptacle, switch and light boxes (one by one) and check for loose connnections.

Also, go to your bathroom. You might have a GFCI receptacle ("Google" it if you don't know what it is), make sure it is RESET.

Ask a Question