Washing Machine into 32mm waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I'm looking to relocate my washing machine into a large airing cupboard now the old HW cylinder has been removed. I have a cold water feed and electricity already, but no waste pipe. The bathroom is situated right next door, with the wash basin very close to the dividing wall.

I have a "universal bottle anti-syphon trap" that can connect to the 32mm basin waste, and either 32mm or 40mm waste pipe. The current 32mm waste drops about 60cm, then 1.5-2m into the soil stack...

I have referred to the WM manual, it states nothing about the waste pipe size requirements.

To replace the waste pipe to 40mm will require removal of the boxing in to access the soil stack etc.

Is it worth it? Will such a short run cause problems? Most washes are short cool washes...

I could install an access an access point to deal with any potential blockages.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Country
United States
The common pump for a washer is a Centrifugal pump and if need be the discharge can be restricted down to 12 mm if need be for smaller drain lines.

Ask a Question