Velux Skylight Air Conditioning Vent Adapter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a portable air con unit that I'd like to use in a loft bedroom, and the skylight is the only window to vent out. I've jerry-rigged something together using some hardboard screwed into the ceiling, which still allows the window to open partially behind the hardboard. I've cut two 150mm holes in it and popped the inlet and exhaust pipes into those. It works okay, but the hardboard is flimsy and being screwed in, it's not easily removed.

I'd like to know what (relatively) budget-friendly, lightweight but rigid material I could use instead. The opening that I need to cover is about 1.4m x 1m and can be supported from all edges, I just need something that won't sag and isn't stupid heavy as it would be cumbersome to get up there even if it weighed next to nothing.

This is an example of the window type, with the red being where the board will be mounted, on the ceiling itself.
1657575034080.png

Thanks, Michael

Ask a Question