Damp Patch Near Velux Window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently had a new slate roof along with replacement velux windows. I’ve recently had the area around the velux plasterered ready for painting. In the last few weeks a damp patch has appeared.

I have had the roofer back out to have a look who has been up and says that the roof is 100% watertight so it is not water coming through.

The strange thing is it seems to happen when it is cold first thing in the morning. The roofer suggested condensation internally, I have a extractor fan and ducting exiting through the roof probably a few feet above where the velux is.

I have been in to the loft and had a look around and cannot see anything obvious. I need to have another proper look really but the loft space is fairly limited.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what this could be and how I can fix it ? I would be very grateful for any advice offered - thanks in advance.

E35AE1B0-845C-43DD-97A0-4A79FF1A4119.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, did you manage to fix your velux damp problem as we have exactly the same issue?
Thanks

Ask a Question