Telecopic Ladder

Reaction score
Has anyone used one of those telescopic ladders?
They look like they would be very handy for throwing into the boot of the car.

But how safe and sturdy are they. Has anyone had any experience with them?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've used some of the ~3.2m ones from Screwfix and they seemed fine - there was a little flex in them, but that is to be expected I guess. I'd be happy enough using them indoors for painting and going in to the loft :). Certainly very handy for carrying round. If I was travelling and doing jobs, I'd certainly use them.

However, I needed some ~5m ladders to access a double height roof void and had a look at the ones for sale on Amazon. Some of the comments mentioned problems with rigidity and the base looked very narrow - so I passed and bought some large aluminium extension ladders instead.

If you do get some, I'd be sure to get some from a good manufacturer. Personally, I wouldn't trust some of the no-name brands for long length telescopic ladders.

Reaction score
Cheers Ian. I just put on order in for one online. Stayed away from Screwfix - the prices were very high.
https://www.greasemonkeydirect.com/products/2-6m-telescopic-ladder

It's only a 2.6m but it will be fine for clearing out the guttering and small jobs around the house. It will fit in the boot of the car which is what i'm really looking for. The days of trying to pack a standard ladder into a family car are gone.

Reactions: Ian

Ask a Question