Switch blew in the kitchen that powers outside

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi in need of advice.
Right yesterday I was wiping a wall in the kitchen. Above a switch (black one, the white fuse plate powers the boiler that works fine) that powers the outside floodlight and mains down in my green and Summerhouse.
i didn’t see a drip of water run down the wall. It got under the plate and bang, flash of lightening right in-front of my face and electrics trip out. I flip the switch and all comes back on. Except when I let the dogs out that night. No outside light works nor green or summerhouse has power.
Now I’ve got an old Wylex fuse box which has served me perfectly well over the years. So I pulled them all out and made sure they had fuse wire. They did except the 15 amp blue one. So replaced the missing wire with more of the same. Stil not working. So I replaced the wall switch on the kitchen still not working.
Running off this mains line to the outside I have two boxes. One a single fuse box and the the other a waterproof switch which jointly powers both the outside light and summerhouse. So I changed the fuse. Still no power. The only thing I haven’t checked is the outside switch box to see if the wiring is still ok inside it. I’ve attached pics to make things clearer I hope.
what have I missed? Or does anyone have any suggestions.
thank you for any advice

Attachments

Ask a Question