Sparkling water from tap

Reaction score
Let me start by apologize for my poor English, I am from Norway you see.
I want to have a tap in my kitchen with sparkling water. I am aware that there are products on the market with this fiction but they are too experience for my taste.
So I have been trying to think of a solution off my own, I am a plumber so getting the required parts should be fairly easy.
I thought I would take a 5l water heater, strip it of isolation and electric and weld a nipple on top for the co2. When I would use the existing in and outlet on the side for water.

The biggest problem that I can think of is getting the balance between water and co2 in and out. The water pressure is about 5bar and the co2 is normally around 2 bar in a normal beer tap?
So if I put a reduction valve (if that's the English name) to 2-3bar then maybe they will sort of level each other out, though I suspect a fair amount of tweaking is required...

I made a simple drawing of the concept, any ideas? Tried googling but couldn't find instructions on how this can be done...

Attachments

Ask a Question