Frozen Hot Water Pipe Issue

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just got back from vacation and the last 2 days were below 0 and house air temp was around 45 when we got back (heat pumps were the only heat source while gone). All of the cold water taps in the house work fine, and one of the hot water ones does (in the centrally located kitchen). The other hot taps are in the master bath, which is over a crawlspace (which the pipes run through), and the second bath. In those bathrooms, none of the hot sink taps have any pressure, the hot bath tap has no pressure or flow, and neither shower (hot or cold) has any pressure or flow. I'm assuming this all means there's no issue with/at the hot water heater (since the hot kitchen tap works fine) and there's likely a pipe frozen that supplies that other part of the house?

I checked all the pipes in/below the various rooms as well as I could and don't see any obvious condensation, drips, bulges/breaks, etc... Beyond keeping one of the hot taps open and warming up the rest of the house, any tips?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Start heating the house, as I suspect you've already done. But you need to STAY IN THE HOUSE AND KEEP WATCHING. DO NOT LEAVE. A burst pipe will reveal itself when it begins to thaw.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Whoa....whoops....I see you posted this on Feb 04!!!!! Of course you've already done this.....my bad. Sorry.

Ask a Question