Shed Floor Anchor Help

Reaction score
I am installing a 8x8 wood shed and I was going to install it on an existing slab. I am new to the building code thing, and I went to get a building permit and then found out about the shed having to be 3 ft from property line. :(

So my shed will be only 1 1/2 feet away from fence (property line) using the current slab. I plan to use the concrete slab for most of the shed and installing concrete footers in the front.

So the wood floor frame is made up of 2x4 and the 2x4s will be upright, not flat. So my question is what is the best way to anchor the upright floor frame to concrete and how many anchor should I use? I am wanting to anchor it on 3 sides and not in front since the concrete footers will anchor the front pretty good?

Thanks for the input!!

Reaction score
Hi,

It sounds like your trying to anchor down a shed? is that right?

If so, I wouldn't massively worry about this - I'm assuming your living in the UK with our relatively low winds?

Maybe 3 or 4 angle brackets or stretcher plates if your really worried, but once its built and your stuffs inside it wont go anywhere.

Ask a Question