Removing surround sound system pointers PLEASE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone!

New to here so nice to meet you all

I am new to DIY... I just removed the previous owners surround sound system and now hoping to get some pointes.

1) what I should do to make safe the leftover black/red wires?

2) I also want to be able to fill, sand and paint over the holes from where the speakers sat (4 corners of the room) and also the wall socket which was used to control the speakers in different parts of the house.

Thanks
John

Attachments

Shaggy

Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi everyone!

New to here so nice to meet you all

I am new to DIY... I just removed the previous owners surround sound system and now hoping to get some pointes.

1) what I should do to make safe the leftover black/red wires?

2) I also want to be able to fill, sand and paint over the holes from where the speakers sat (4 corners of the room) and also the wall socket which was used to control the speakers in different parts of the house.

Thanks
John
Welcome to the forum!

So you want to just remove the speakers out right and add the drywall back in? You can just keep the wires there if you plan on just closing things up. There isn't any power to them, so do worry about an electrical fire. :)

Ask a Question