Remove a Thomas Sanderson pleated blind

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to remove one of the pleated blinds in my home fitted by Thomas Sanderson.
Worried about applying too much force and breaking it!!
Anyone help?
Picture attached 074DD9EC-09A8-4A1A-8373-AAD54A3EBE16.jpeg 50372837-3C22-4C19-A3D8-4E938D168EE1.jpeg

Reaction score
Hi and welcome.

Firstly, why are you removing it? Is it going back or are you wanting to get rid of it?
I know nothing about this sort of blind, but applying a bit of common sense, I'd suggest if you know who put it in, or can contact the manufacturer, ring their service department and ask them how you can do it yourself.
I presume behind the plastic trim there will be screws that attach it to the window frame. If it's not going back, these will show once the blind has been removed and you'll notice them every time you look out of the window, but if filled with some white silicone, six months down the line you'll have forgotten about them.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi SuziQ60, I have the same blinds and want to remove them to clean them, did you ever get to know how to remove yours please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi nick, I have the same blinds and want to remove them to clean them, did you ever get to know how to remove yours please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi and good morning , no i didnt, as mine were out of waranty the closest i got was an engineer who said he would come round but there was a charge and i thought it was excessive for something that would take 5 mins to show me, so i have done my best to clean the front side, but obviously i cant do the underside, TBH, i am not sure about how good a clean i could do anyway with just water and am afraid to use anything else which would make a right mess of them. I know there are hidden clips which need to be released but have no idea where to get at them, the instuctions i was sent do not seem applicable to the ones i have got so it definately needs someone to show me . if you get any luck would love to hear from you .

Reaction score
Hi All
I know this an old post but the question still neds answering based on my fruitless searches today. I finally found the answer when I dug out the paperwork that came with the blinds, a comprehensive set of maintenance instructions so check there first. The original post looks like the recessed window blinds that attach to the window beading. These are removed by inserting flat bladed screwdriver, 5-7 mm wide, under the end of the rail and levering off from the hidden clips. You cannot access the clips with the rail in place. To refit engage the rail in the back of the clip nearest the glass and pulling rail towards you roll the rail down onto the near side of the clip. It takes a fair amount of pressure to remove and refit the blind. I'll try to upload instruction sheet but my first attempt failed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Is this a Sanderson's Duette blind? The string has snapped on my Sanderson Duette blind and when I called them they would not even send an engineer ( I was quite happy to be charged for this service) as my blinds were a few months out of warranty. They told me to fix it myself ! I am not impressed. I don't have any paperwork and the blinds we had fitted cost £1800. I have printed out and not sure if they are the same.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I know this an old post but the question still neds answering based on my fruitless searches today. I finally found the answer when I dug out the paperwork that came with the blinds, a comprehensive set of maintenance instructions so check there first. The original post looks like the recessed window blinds that attach to the window beading. These are removed by inserting flat bladed screwdriver, 5-7 mm wide, under the end of the rail and levering off from the hidden clips. You cannot access the clips with the rail in place. To refit engage the rail in the back of the clip nearest the glass and pulling rail towards you roll the rail down onto the near side of the clip. It takes a fair amount of pressure to remove and refit the blind. I'll try to upload instruction sheet but my first attempt failed.
Hi Steve, I’ve broken my Double glazed window and need to remove the blind before they can replace the glass. Is it best to put pressure in any particular angle to get the blind off? Scared stiff I’ll break it! can you tell me where the fitting is fitted to ie will it still work with a new window? Thanks.

Ask a Question