Outdoor decking experts

Reaction score
hi guys,

Im starting to prepare for a decking area in my back yard. It will consist of a raised elevation landing stepping down to the main decking. Curently i have a concrete slab covering the whole area of my garden. My back door preceeds a drop on to the main concrete slab.

How should i build and raise my landing with steps? I want timber supports, should i fix some kind of brackets to the concrete or drill through it until i reach soil digging further below frost level?
What size timbers should i use?
brackets etc?

any advise or tips welcome. im a floor layer by trade so am not completely useless.

cheers

Reaction score
I am no decking expert (ask me about plumbing and I'm in my element!) but you might find it handy to talk to a pro about that kind of stuff. The folks over at Richard Burbidge are pretty good with decking i think...my friend used them last year and said they were v.helpful. Even though you're not going to buy from them, getting the advice you need will surely help!

Tel number for you if you want to follow it up - 01691 678300 or go to richardburbidge.com

Reaction score
Dear mr purchasing manager
How are you?
i am glad to know you need sawn teak lumber for furniture
we have been this year about over ten years,we mainly supply sawn burma teak lumber for
Teak decking(out door decking or yacht,boat decking) and for furniture and other construction which are be exported to many countries,UK,USA,European ETC. variouse size,width,length,thickness.
The quality grade FEQ, or A/B.
The prices are within FOBCHINA PORT:USD2300 TO USD5800/CBM.
Please don't hesitate to contact us.
Thanks in advance
Ms shirley
Lumber378 at yahoo com

Reaction score
decking

hello cheers
we specially sell the teak lumber for mainly use for decking.
size is :1"x6" 5-6-7'
1"x8" 7-8-9'
now following is our information:
Dear mr purchasing manager
How are you?

we have been this year about over ten years,we mainly supply sawn burma teak lumber for
Teak decking(out door decking or yacht,boat decking) and for furniture and other construction which are be exported to many countries,UK,USA,European ETC. variouse size,width,length,thickness.
The quality grade FEQ, or A/B.
The prices are within FOBCHINA PORT:USD2300 TO USD5800/CBM.
Please don't hesitate to contact us.
Thanks in advance
Ms shirley
Lumber378 at yahoo com

Reaction score
Decking Supports

You could use Bolt Down Fence Supports in this situation and have 4x4 Posts.

Handydanny

Ask a Question