New Back door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all ... After for some advice , I’m wanting to replace my old wooden back door , with new upvc plastic

Not sure as I have concrete type threshold (I persume it is ?)
Do I remove this will the upvc door replace it
As in m not sure where to start with it .

pictures of outside and in . Any helpbe very appreciated.

thanks

Reaction score
Hi and welcome.

Are you intending to do this yourself?

We've a UPVC back door with a concrete threshold, they don't present a problem.

The door should have a UPVC frame.

The door with the frame is made to measure, for about £250.

This sits on the concrete.

Sealant prevents any water getting under it.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm unable to help regarding UPVC items because our 57 year old bungalow has exterior woodwork.

When we moved in 33 years ago the former owners son destroyed the back door which was sticking so he forced it open with such force it broke across its middle. This was the very first job I did here; I made a new wooden door using basic hand tools cutting the mortice & tenon joints with hammer and wood chisel; before hanging the newly made door I ensured all edges were completely sealed with good quality oil based paint; the door is still good as new but now in high end Benjamin Moore paint.

I installed a new home made wooden porch two years ago but now have a fully kitted workshop making the job a lot quicker; exterior woodwork does take looking after but if painted with top quality paint it will last a very long time.

Good luck with yours.

Kind regards, Colin.

Exterior doors_0001.JPG

Exterior rear wooden door made by me 33 years ago still in excellent condition. Wooden window frames are originals at 57 years old and also still in as new condition.

Exterior doors_0002.JPG

The new front porch designed; made and installed by me a couple of years ago. The only plastic on our bungalow are the underground drains and rainwater items such as gutters.

Ask a Question