Levelling Floor 7cm difference!

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
Hey
I'm looking to pick your brains before I do anything too crazy. I'm looking at levelling all the floors in an old house which has dropped a fair bit over time from front to back.
In this bedroom the drop is 7cm from first joist to last. Im thinking I 'll sister on some 6x2 joists at the far end and 4x2 at the near end to level it and lay my floor on top. Do you guys think this is adequate?

Reaction score
If your foundation is solid your repair plan sounds adequate. I am concerned though as to what is causing the floor to sag in the first place. Have you looked into the primary cause of the sag?

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
If your foundation is solid your repair plan sounds adequate. I am concerned though as to what is causing the floor to sag in the first place. Have you looked into the primary cause of the sag?
It's a terraced house with the whole block having moved over the years no major cracks in the walls so I'm thinking it's ok

Ask a Question