Levelling uneven cement flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am aiming to transfer an old agricultural animal house into a garden room. This has a concrete floor that has a deep slant at the lowest part would be 6 to 8 inches of difference.

For me to level this can I use hardcore placed in the lowest area before cementing?
The layer of original cement at the lowest point can I put primer onto this before adding new cement on top or will this all need broken up/removed prior to adding a new cement layer?

Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you fir your reply.

This was an old agricultural building used as a piggery so this severe sloop was created on purpose for easier cleaning. It is 21ft x 34 ft so a big building. I am dividing this into 2 big areas with 2 levels.

Thank you

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
With the original concrete thoroughly dried out seal it with say wall seal to prevent rising damp. Then level with 1 to 8 concrete. Finish with a screed one part cement to three parts sharp sand.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you. May I ask what you mean "level with 1 to 8 concrete"?
Kind regards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you every day is a school day. Thank you for taking the time to share knowledge.

Ask a Question