Knock kitchen and diner together

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello folks,

Would any knowledgeable people be able to confirm it's possible to remove the wall(s) in the floorplan below? The house has already been opened up somewhat, and had a small extension added on, but we'd like to open it up fully by removing the highlighted wall(s). The floorplan is accurate in that it shows external/ internal walls and what is above/ not. We're assuming the existing work has all been done properly. It's a 30s semi.

Also, would anyone be able to approximate the cost of doing this plus installing bifold doors in the larger external opening this would create.

We're looking for the cost of creating the space, supplying and installing the doors only. The electrics, plumbing, kitchen supply/ install and finishing etc. is taken care of.

Thanks a lot.

Web capture_13-4-2022_93957_www.rightmove.co.uk.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I did a similar thing years ago and got a structural engineer in to do the calcs for me. It was a pig of a job as I did everything myself. If money hadn't been so tight at the time I would have got a building firm to do the work. I would suggest that you call a firm in and get the work endorsed via building regs as if or when you come to sell the property you won't have to worry about this.
Cheers
Dave

Ask a Question