Kitchen lights fixing

Reaction score
Hello everyone

This is my first time in the forum and excuses if this might be on the wrong section.

TL;DR: I want to check the light sockets for loose wires but I don't know how to disassemble this light installation.

I have some lights in my kitchen table (see my attached picture), over time some of them stopped working and I didn't bother much as I still had enough light, but then others stopped working and I decided it was time to change them, so I removed the lights cover and I found inside some old school G4 lights, those that emit more heat than light.

So I went ahead and bought some LED replacements, made sure to buy those ac/dc compatible and I also bought a new transformer (if it is called like that). After I swapped one of the broken lights for a new one, It didn't work, I figured the lights were not compatible, then I swapped a working one, and that one work, flawlessly, no flickering, all good. I also tried the "broken" light in the functional socket, and came back to light.

That made me think there's something else broken in those lights sockets, perhaps a loose wire? perhaps the whole transformer is broken?

The problem is: I have no idea how to disassemble these lights, I can't see screws anywhere, all I can see is the silicon that attaches it to the wall and a little gap between the metal and the cabinets on top.

Is someone here familiar with this kind of light installation? Do you know how to disassemble it? or simply where the transformer for the lights could be.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Ask a Question