indesit fan oven tripping RCD

Reaction score
I have an indesit model 30034 fan oven which keeps throwing the main house fuse, hence all sockets.

I replaced the heat element 12 months ago.

the internal light has never worked (only mention this in case it is suggested as the cause)
When i switch it on it starts to heat, the rings glow bright and the fan works fine.....but after 5 -10 minutes the trip switch flips...........turn back on and a few minutes later it happens again.....this continues for up to 5 times......then it stops happening and i am able to cook anything for as long as i want.

Ive run it with everything stripped down so that i can see all the wiring.....and when it tripped there was no sparks or flashes anywhere.......all the connections seem good and no apparent moisture.

Any ideas folks.....thanks.

Reaction score
are we talking about the RCD, the RCBO, or the MCB?

It sounds like overload protection kicking in rather than earth leakage. Maybe your new element draws more power than the old one. When it's warmed up it would draw slightly less and not trip the MCB.

It it really is the RCD then you have an earth fault. This is the only way a resistive element can cause a current imbalance.

Ask a Question