Indesit Dishwasher mystery

Reaction score
Hi DIYers,
I have a 6 year old indesit idf125 that has stopped heating the water. There are no indication lights, no other symptoms, everything else runs normally , just without any water heat or drying heat at the end of the cycle. I turned it over, took the hatch off and disconnected the cables from the heating element and tested the resistance and continuity of the two terminals and there is a solid circuit there. I also used the multi meter to test the amps coming into the heater connector from the control board during a wash cycle and apart from a instantaneous blip there is nothing. Could this be a fried control board or am I measuring it wrong. Even took the heater off the pump and it looks perfect in there. If it is the control board, is this something worth taking spart as a new one is nearly £200 programmed. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Ask a Question