Indesit fridge-freezer now much noisier since being defrosted ??

Reaction score
New to this forum ... looks like a helpful place ;)

I have an Indesit BAAN12 fridge/freezer thats approx 6+ years old, which is working fine.

However, following my wife's recent de-frosting of the freezer on it, it is now ALOT noisier / noticibly louder in the kitchen.

The only thing that has changed since being defrosted is that we have had to turn down the temperature control (as it was freezing the veg in the fridge - however the noise is still there now matter what the temperature dial is set to).

Is there anything I can do to help reduce the noise?

Is this standard?

Any suggestions welcome?

Cheers
Pat

Reaction score
Hi

If the appliance has not been moved, there should be no reason for a noise increase. The only things that come to mind are the correct location of any shelves/drawers, are they vibrating ?

If it has been moved, is it correctly levelled, and has anything contacted the compressor unit.
There's not a lot else that can make a noise, and a defrost should not have made any difference. The fact that food is freezing though makes me wonder if anything in the compartment has been changed or damaged in some way.

Reaction score
Cheers John - appreciate your response .. but the noise was definitely of a electro / mechanical nature ..... as teh fridge freezer was just unplugged by me, emptied and left to defrost fully over 12 hours, shelves/drawers cleaned ... then put back and plugged in again.

Just back in from work today,and its now totally dead ... so what ever was causing the noise - im presuming around the refrigeration components - has given up the ghost today :rolleyes:

According to Indesit this models shelf life should be between 12-13 years ... but my experience is half of that

Ask a Question