IKEA Arås office chair

Reaction score
Hi everybody!

I need to know if the Arås chair, sold by IKEA about ten years earlier, has a lockable tilt function.
I bought this chair in a second-hand market at a very cheap price. I noticed that the height mechanism worked fine, as well as the tilt tension (adjustable by the classic large round knob).
There is only one lever for adjusting height (up and down movement) and tilt (pushing in or pulling out to lock or unlock the chair's tilt). But I realized that once the chair gets reclined, it's not possible to lock the chair's tilt. Only when the chair is in the upright position does the tilt lock work. Is it normal?
Substantially, the backrest reclines but it's not possible to lock it in a backward-tilt position.
So, my question is pretty simple: does Arås chair have only the tilt function with adjustable tilt tension without a tilt lock (except for the vertical position)?
Thanks in advance for your help!

Ask a Question