Wonky Ikea Kitchen Cupboard Door

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Hi all,

I have an Ikea kitchen door that I just cannot get to close properly!

kitchen-door.jpg

Basically when I close the door, the top part of the door touches the frame behind it as it should. But the bottom part sticks out almost 1 cm (not touching the frame behind it).

I've installed plenty of Ikea furniture before so I know I should be able to adjust the screws on the hinge to fix this. In this case it's the rear screws.

But if I do this (as I normally would) so that so that the top hinge pushes the door as far from the frame as possible and the bottom hinge pulls the door as close to the frame as possible, I get this 1 cm offset.

I've played about with other screw settings and it only gets worse not better.

The situation is not helped by the fact that when the door in mounted I'm not able to reach some the screws, so I have to un-mount adjust the screws and then re-mount to test.

The frame seems straight and the mounts for the hinges are even. It's so weird!

My question is: am I missing something? Has anyone else experienced an Ikea door they could not get to close evenly?

Thanks in advance!

Cai

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hi and welcome.

It could be that the door is warped, in which case it's never going to straighten on its own. Take a photo, e-mail it to Ikea, ask them to send you a replacement.

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Thanks!

No it's not warped though. I took it off and laid it on the floor flat.

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question