How to attach the sides of my shed to the timber base please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I attach the sides of my shed to the timber base please?

The pic (not my base) is like mine but with osb floor already attached edge to edge.
Greetings

Attachments

Reaction score
How do I attach the sides of my shed to the timber base please?

The pic (not my base) is like mine but with osb floor already attached edge to edge.
Greetings
Hi and welcome!

You mean like this?

Mine just sits on bricks on bitys of paving slabs with some bits of pool vinyl between the wood and the bricks.

06_10_0.JPEG

06_10_1.JPEG

06_10_3.JPEG

This is how I built my Japanese tea-house...alright.. "Tea-shed," in 1987.

It's still going strong, with no rot, (recent photo) though I did renew the roofing felt ten years ago.

P1060523.JPG

The most important point is to get it clear of the ground. There's a 9" gap under the building. It has "skirts" made of Victorian style skirting boards attached to the base,on three sides that finish two inches above the paths.
There's a wood and mesh screen over the gap at the back to prevent any animals getting under there.

P1000618.JPG

Reactions: Ian
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I can't quite see from your pics but do your sides have an overhang on the base, or butted right up. If so why the overhang please.

By the way, mine won't be anywhere as good as yours.

Reaction score
There's 3" X 2" timber that butts up to the edge of the floor which is the same roofing ply as the rest of the building. The side panels are screwed to the inside of the 3 X 2 and the back panel to the outside.

IMG_20200423_0002.jpg

The full build is here.

Reaction score
Another fine reply by Doghouse.
It should be dead easy.
Either screw direct or use some brackets.
Building suppliers should have a huge range of builders ironmongery including lengths of perforated strip used to attach roof members to brickwork

Ask a Question