Help !!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need some advice as at whits end.
The is an area of my hall and landing walls that bubbles when i paint despite sanding and prep. Ive tried everything, i tried a water based primer and sealer (Zinsser123) it bubbled. I used a solvent based primer and sealer (Zinsser BIN) that bubbled. Plan C was a watered down upva sealer. That bubbled. I have no idea how to proceed. One the latest bubbles are dry, i will sand the area again but there must be something on the market that would seal this wall !! It seems water in any product causes the issue.
HELP guys, its doing my head in.
James

Reaction score
One possibility?

Line the wall with lining paper, that may form a "barrier" between the odd bubbling existing paint and what ever emulsion you then apply?

Ken.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
One possibility?

Line the wall with lining paper, that may form a "barrier" between the odd bubbling existing paint and what ever emulsion you then apply?

Ken.
Hi, Maybe Ken but lining paper doesnt look great especially if on only couple of walls here and there.

Ask a Question