GMH95 Short cycling circulating blower

Reaction score
HI all,

I've got the above furnace in which the circulating blower short cycles. The house is a 110+ year old brick house, with balloon framing and zero insulation. The unit has a Skuttle filter which gets replaced every three to six months depending upon usage. One return air duct pulls air from the first floor, the remaining two pull air from the floor and in between the walls. There are two zones. One is for the first floor, the other is for the second and third floors.

The thermostat will give the call for heat and the unit starts as it should - induction blower, the burners, then the circulating blower. Occasionally, the circulating blower with momentarily stop and then come back on. The burners stay lit and the induction blower is operating when it happens. In previous years it may have done this once but this year has been an anomaly. I live NW of Philly and we had a cold snap that lasted a few weeks and the blower short cycled a number of times. Is there something I can easily check to see what's going on?

Any help is appreciated.
Matt

Ask a Question