Fitting integrated dishwasher and washing machine

Reaction score
I am just having a complete new kitchen and will be installing it myself, this may sound like a stupid question but when do you install the integrated dishwasher/ washing machine. They are in the main run of the kitchen (not next to each so base cabinets either side) do you install all the base units and leave exactly 600mm gap for these to fit in or does you install as you go along?

Also do the appliances fix to the adjacent base cabinets or worktop?

All help and advice appreciated

Thanks

Reaction score
Install all the cabinets first, then install the appliances. I usually install wall cabinets first then base cabinets. I also install my uppers in pre assembled banks (fastened together on the ground then installed as a single unit on the wall). Make sure all cabinets are installed level and plumb. I install base cabinets from the high to low floor spots shimming as necessary as I go. Consult the manufacture of the appliance for proper clearances and installation method. Some affix to the top, some to the cabinet stiles, some give options for both, and a few are free standing.

Ask a Question