Replacing a light fitting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was hoping someone could help.. i'm looking to replace my basic light fitting and install chrome fittings. The only problem is i'm not quite sure what the best way to do it is. I've attached a couple of pictures - the current fitting is (from my understanding) a standard ceiling rose, but the new fitting only has a terminal block. I've attached a picture of the current setup and also a picture of the light i'm looking to fit.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not claiming to be any authority on this, but I don't think you'll be able to replace the existing fitting with that as is. The live and neutral wires on the new one are the equivalent of the ones connected to the pendant in the existing fitting, and there is no capacity to accommodate the common live connections.

You could use a bigger terminal block with a forth connection for the common live, but I don't know if this sort of connection is allowed and would be a bit reluctant to use this fitting.

Ask a Question