Draft coming through the kitchen out door

Reaction score
I get a lot of draft from the kitchen door which opens into the garden. I tried using cling wrap during the cold nights, but that's not a permanent solution. I've also used those draft sticky strips, but they keep coming off - or I'm not sure if I'm fixing it right.

Can someone show me how to use those draft strips - OR, is there any other way to cut out this draft?

Reaction score
I get a lot of draft from the kitchen door which opens into the garden. I tried using cling wrap during the cold nights, but that's not a permanent solution. I've also used those draft sticky strips, but they keep coming off - or I'm not sure if I'm fixing it right.

Can someone show me how to use those draft strips - OR, is there any other way to cut out this draft?
Gets tricky. You really have to read and study your problem.
Where is the air coming from?
Not that easy.
Strips come in different gap filling sizes. Some will be less or more dense. Too dense can push the door back and interfere with closing?
The strips ususally go on the side that the door closes TO. So that seals without distrubances. Must be clean and right temp.
Meaure how big the gap is in different places-- it may change.
Ask for help at the hardware store, they will help you and get you to the right product.
The big box will have the more popular products but not all the different widths and densities. Sometimes the rubber roll is needed at big long continuous gaps-- like all along the top when things settle down.
Let us know!

Ask a Question